After years of preparation and work, Layout Builder has landed in core and it promises a new way to make pages in Drupal. Will Layout Builder take over from the long pedigrees of Display Suite, Panels and other page layout systems? Is it already on the way to doing that?
In this session, we will describe how we used Layout Builder on a major new Drupal 8 site and will cover:
- what's currently available in Layout Builder
- what's coming next in core, look at what we really want to see next
- the existing modules that provide functionality not yet in Layout Builder
- some of the new contributed Layout Builder Components you can use on your sites
- some gotchas when working with it, particularly with multilingual sites
- how to use Layout Builder effectively depending on the type of page you are creating
When you leave this information-packed presentation, you'll be right up to date with Layout Builder and ready to make decisions on how to use it on both large and small sites.
Presenters (we are working on the project together):
• André Angelantoni, Founder of Performant Labs, a Drupal consulting firm based in San Francisco
• Adam Gregory, Experienced Drupalist and Acquia Certified Back-End Specialist