There is a lot of talk about how great a decoupled site is, and more to the point, how great it is to use GatsbyJS. So much that Mediacurrent has converted their main website to a GatsbyJS based decoupled site. Then there is a lot of problems that come with a vanilla Drupal installation, or using other install profiles. Mediacurrent has created the Rain install profile, and with it a Gatsby based starter.
This talk will review
- The pros and cons of decoupling with GatsbyJS
- Show the ease of use, using the Rain install profile along with the Rain Gatsby Starter.
- Discuss some of the pain points discovered in the making of the starter and converting mediacurrent.com to a decoupled GatsbyJS including
- JSONAPI endpoint problems
- Working with Paragraphs or other layout systems.
- Missing data issues
- Metatags and other core concepts that need to be addressed.
- Working with image entities in GatsbyJS
- Third Party JS issues (Disqus, Pardot, Drift etc)