Zivtech, based in Philadelphia, PA, designs and builds innovative websites, web applications, and infrastructure using Open Source Software (OSS) like Drupal, Node.js, and React. We work with clients ranging from Internet startups, to large non-profits and Fortune 500 companies, helping them leverage the many advantages Open Source offers.
We are currently looking for a back-end developer to help build and maintain client sites in Drupal 8 and to work on new projects on a range of technologies.
Zivtech has an energetic work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. We value diversity in our team and maintain an inclusive, friendly work environment emphasizing collaboration not competition.
Our engineering team is solutions-oriented and passionate about quality and exceeding our clients’ goals.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Web development, primarily in Drupal, Wordpress, Node.js and other open source systems
- Collaborate with design and front-end engineering teams to ensure effectiveness and quality
- Assist with client estimation, sales, and discovery processes
- Take part in our code review process (both reviewing the work of other developers and having your own work reviewed)
- Work with project managers to come up with creative and effective solutions to our client’s problems
- Help with Drupal community and other open source initiatives that are a priority for Zivtech
- Creating and updating documentation (both internal and publicly for our open source projects)
- Assisting on internal development projects
What We Require
- 2-3+ years experience in CMS or web application development, preferably using Drupal
- A working knowledge of git
- Works comfortably with Linux command line
- Expert problem solver and technical innovator. Able to identify, understand, and implement viable new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
Strong favor for candidates who:
- Have Drupal 7 & 8 development experience, with evidence on your drupal.org profile
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Experience with server-side JS development, like node.js
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with agile workflows
- Experience with automated testing
Candidates are encouraged to work from our in Center City, Philadelphia. Zivtech will accept remote / telecommuting employees from exceptional candidates.
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, reply to this job posting. Or email your resume, a cover letter or statement of purpose, and salary requirements to email@example.com (no calls please). If you have been involved in Drupal or any other open source or design community in the past, please include a link to your work.