Making it work and working it out.
What You'll Do
You’ll be working on a mix of interesting projects for worthy organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code, and work in a team context using agile methodologies. Much of your time will be spent improving existing projects to provide strategic value. You’ll also engage in fresh new build projects. You’ll be counted upon to work with autonomy in the context of a distributed team.
Full-time applicants are preferred, but we are open to contract and PT opportunities. No recruiters.
- Ability to clearly articulate estimable solutions to problems that don’t leave the user behind, baffle the product owner, or confuse the team
- Mastery of web fundamentals. You must know how to bend the internet to your will using its basic tech (HTML, SCSS, JS, PHP, MySQL, git).
- Deep expertise with the Drupal (7 and 8) API and module development. You don’t need to memorize the Forms API, but knowing the structure of Drupal code, being able to use these conventions to create code other Drupal developers can use, and having the contextual knowledge to jump into (reasonably) well-structured Drupal projects is essential.
- Familiarity with Drupal sitebuilding and its power. We need folks who know when to site build, and when to get deep into the code.
- Curiosity, interest, and dedication to Drupal’s evolution with a demonstrated ability to engage with the community via code contributions, presentations, or blogging.
- Strong, client-facing communication skills – both verbal and oral.
- Experience working with Drupal cloud hosting providers like Pantheon, Acquia, Platform
- Web analytics know-how
- Experience with site migrations
- Writing clear and concise documentation
- Performance testing and tuning
- Drupal security knowledge
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards
- Experience with other technologies like Symfony, React, Gatsby, VueJS, or GraphQL
- Ability and interest in Wordpress development
- Using your passion for DevOps to automate workflows and process through continuous integration and deployment.
Working with us
Kalamuna is committed to building practical solutions that empower organizations and individuals. You’ll be working simultaneously on a reasonable mix of interesting projects for mission-driven organizations, and be counted upon to solve problems in code in a team context leveraging agile methodologies.
We’re committed to your excellence and continued development, so we’ll help you do the work you love to do, and explore the ideas that help you grow.
Kalamuna offers many full-time benefits including: health insurance, commuter benefits, a continued learning stipend, short-term disability, employer-match 401k, paid sick leave, PTO, and more. We also organize team building workshops and company-wide conference attendance.
We’re looking for individuals with a broad range of interests and experiences. Your story, your passion is what interests us most.
- Tell us about a client project where you helped them shine brighter than they could’ve imagined.
- Tell us about an outcome that your engineering made possible.
- Show us something impractical, possibly funny, that you’ve built.
Before we were Kalamuna, we each worked with causes that mean something to us. We’ve worked with political campaigns and arts organizations and every other kind of endeavor that means something to the human soul. And at some point, we decided to apply our skills in technology, communications and design to these causes—to work on something bigger.
We formed Kalamuna to work on that something bigger together.
Today, we help transform mission-driven organizations by empowering them with the strategy, design, and technology they need to increase their impact. We make great partners to universities, museums, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations; their missions inspire us, and this shows in everything we do. Whether it’s as a strategic advisor, technical partner, or design agency, we make our client’s mission our mission.
Commitment to Diversity
Kalamuna is committed to eradicating institutional discrimination and bias, and to uplifting the lived experiences of all minorities.
As such, Kalamuna welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ people; immigrants or refugees; people who are differently-abled; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Kalamuna is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law.